If you have dirty or streaky glass, that’s the first thing anyone will see when they look at your windows, no matter what your blinds, curtains or window coverings look like. But it can be tough to clean windows well! If you’re plagued by streaky windows, continue reading for an effective new method for cleaning windows, courtesy of House Beautiful.
The Secret Tool for Streak-Free Glass
If you’ve always used paper towels or rags to clean your windows, try this inexpensive solution: packing paper! This is a cost-effective option that doesn’t leave behind streaks, lint or residue.
What You’ll Need:
- Glass cleaner
- Glass scraper tool
- Spray bottle with mix of dishwashing soap and water
- Lint-free rag or towel
- Packing paper
How to Clean Windows
- Remove and vacuum screens as needed. Vacuum dust and dirt from the windowpane and any grooves or spaces.
- If the window is especially dirty, spray the dishwashing liquid and water mixture onto the window, and wipe dry with a towel or rag.
- Use the glass scraper to remove stuck-on dirt or debris.
- Starting at the top of the window, spray each pane with glass cleaner and wipe with packing paper sheets. If you’re cleaning both sides of the window, clean the top of both the outside and inside, then the bottom in the same order.
- Enjoy the view through your streak-free window!
If you want to enhance your clean windows with new blinds or window coverings, or if you have blinds that need repair, Blind Installation and Repair is here for you! Get in touch to see how we can help.
Blind Installation and Repair is your resource for blinds in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. In addition to installation of new blinds, we make blind repairs, sell blinds and window coverings, and offer design consultations. Through our Just One safety campaign, we educate homeowners and businesses on the dangers of blind cords to children and pets.
Whatever your blind issue or need, our experienced blind installers and repair team are ready to help. Contact us today to get started.