Choose Shutters for High Style, Low Maintenance
With so many choices of window treatments available, you might not be sure which one to choose. Shades and blinds have been a popular window treatment for many years, but the classic look of shutters never goes out of style. And with many styles, finishes and colors to choose from, they can work in any room and with any décor style.
Here are the top 5 ways shutters add value to your home:
- Visual Appeal – Interior shutters give your home a custom, classic look at an affordable cost. They have been consistently used for decades without looking dated. They also appear upscale with a price tag lower than many designer draperies, and are versatile enough to fit in any décor, from ultra-modern to traditional.
- Easy Maintenance – They are easy to care for. Regularly vacuum lightly to remove dust, and periodically wipe the slats with a piece of cloth for deeper cleaning.
- No Recurring Replacement Costs – They are a durable and permanent addition to your home that with proper care will last many years. Shutters don’t fade like drapes, shades, or curtains, so they won’t need to be replaced every few years.
- Energy Savings – They are more energy efficient than many other window coverings. They add a layer of insulation that will keep heat in during cold winters and out during the hot summers, reducing energy costs.
- Resale Value – Custom shutters have high appeal to potential buyers and will elevate it’s perceived value. They also are considered a permanent fixture in a home, which will be reflected in your home’s appraised value.
Shutters are a high-style, low-maintenance way to add beauty and functionality to your home. For more information on selecting and installing shutters in your home, contact the team at Blind Installation and Repair. Our window covering experts can help you find the perfect shutter for your home.