Tips to Repair Your Damaged Window Blinds
Storms, kids, and other accidents can cause unintentional damage to your window treatment. Although it can be incredibly frustrating, throwing the blinds away is not the only option. We at Blind Installation and repair are Hunter Douglas certified to install and repair your broken or damaged blinds. And if they are under warranty, the blinds can be repaired at no cost to you. For more information and tips regarding blind repair, read up on the information below presented by Hunter Douglas. When in doubt, give us a call for support and information!
Hunter Douglas designs a variety of products and operating systems. We will ask you for some specific information about your window coverings to ensure that we send you the correct parts and repair instructions. Here are a few basic pieces of information that will help us help you.
Provide the Age of Your Product
With all of the great enhancements and improvements throughout the years, most repairs are product-specific and age dependent.
Provide Your Product’s Name or Type (for example, Duette®, Silhouette®, vertical blind, wood blind)
To try to identify your specific product you can either explore the Hunter Douglas product categories and products on this website’s Products page or use the Search feature to try to identify your product’s name.
Provide Your Product’s Operating System (for example, EasyRise®, LiteRise®, Cordlock, PowerRise®)
How do you operate your product? Unsure? On each product’s respective Product Details page on this website are videos representing each of the available operating systems for that product. Find the right video and you’ll be able to identify the operating system by name.
Replacement Part Guides
Detailed replacement parts information can be found in the replacement part guides listed below organized by product and operating system.
NOTE: Replacement part guides are for reference only. Parts displayed in the replacement part guides may no longer be available or are unable to be shipped. Please contact our customer support group with any questions.
Available Replacement Part Guides
- Brilliance®Pleated Shades with Cordlock (before Apr 2013)
- Brilliance®Pleated Shades with SoftGlide® (before Apr 2013)
- Duette®with EasyRise™ (before May 2009)
- Duette®and Applause® with UltraGlide® (before Apr 2012)
- Duette®and Applause® with Vertiglide™ – Side Stack Under 60″ (before May 2015)
- Duette®with Cordlock – Standard Bottom Up (before Apr 2011)
- Duette®with Cordlock (before Apr 2011)
- Duette®with UltraGlide® – Standard 3/8″, 3/4″ and Double Honeycomb Fabrics (before May 2009)
Sheers & Shadings
- Luminette®with Wand Control (before Jun 2013)
- Silhouette®and Nantucket™ with UltraGlide®
- Silhouette®and Nantucket™ with EasyRise™ (before Apr 2014)
- Silhouette®Standard Rectangular (before May 2004)
- Silhouette®with EasyRise™ Standard and Oversized – (before May 2009)
- Palm Beach™ Polysatin Shutters – All Operating Systems
- Palm Beach™Polysatin Shutters with Palmetto™ – Front Center Tilt Bar (before Nov 2009)
Ordering Replacement Parts and Timing
If available, parts and repair instructions will be sent free of charge. You will receive your shipment within 7 to 10 business days. Options for ordering replacement parts:
- Complete the Parts Request form located on this website. Be sure to include your full street address for shipping purposes.
- Contact a Customer Information Product Specialist at 1-800-789-0331 or via email.
Depending on the product, age and type of repair needed, there are several options available. Hunter Douglas offers repair assistance through our local dealers:
- Your original dealer can assist with the return of your product(s) to a manufacturing location for repair.
- Some dealers may have repair services at their location.
- If you are not the original owner or if your original dealer is unable to assist you, you can locate a new dealer by visiting our Dealer Locator.
- Dealer service fees and shipping charges will apply.
Instead of throwing out a broken window treatment, there are many options to repair them. Blind Installation and Repair is certified as a Hunter Douglas dealer. We can make all the repairs mentioned above, as well as provide support for installation and adjustment to your blinds. Contact our experts at Blind Installation and Repair. We’d be happy to help!