Motorized Window Blinds are a Beautiful Addition to Any Home
Motorized window blinds are a beautiful addition to any home, especially homes with young children. Without cords, there is no worry about twisting, tangling, or choking. But the perks go beyond safety and accessibility. Electronic House explains the top 5 reasons to get motorized window shades:
- Convenience. If your home has many windows, and especially if these windows are large, manually opening and closing the shades and drapes can be a real hassle. By installing motorized window shades and tying them into a control system, you can raise and lower them at the touch of a button. Or better yet, automatically according to a schedule you define.
- Security. When the shades move up and down throughout the day, your house looks as if someone is there … even when you might be hundreds of miles away. Most control systems allow the shades (and the lights) to operate in a random pattern rather than on a predictable schedule, giving your home a real lived-in appearance.
- Energy Savings. The heat that passes through the window panes on a hot, sunny day, called solar gain, can throw your air conditioner into a tailspin. By covering them up, your AC runs less. A CE pro can install a sensor that signals the motorized window shades to close when the sun is at its brightest.
- Furniture Protection. The same sunshine that makes your AC unit run overtime can harm the upholstery on your furniture, causing it to fade over time. Covered windows can prevent this.
- Elegance. No matter how much you tug, it’s tough to get the shades into the exact position you want. By motorizing them, they can move in one fluid movement to the right spot. If you have a bank of windows, every shade can move in perfect alignment. As for draperies, you no longer need to use those unsightly rope pull cords.
As you can see, there are many reasons that motorized blinds could be the way to go in your home. After finding the right window treatment, contact our experts at Blind Installation and Repair. We’d be happy to help!